On 1/24/11 10:57 PM, michael ferraro wrote:
I should clarify-  My apps are used in intense live animation production
applications.

Having an app the runs like an app, can be executed from the dock and in all
aspects seems like a real Mac- app, for me, makes it possible to experiment with
new  models of media production. This is  my stock-and-trade.

yep -- it really nice if you use the GUI for other parts of your process.

Adding insult to injury, I am constantly in development. So ... I am never
ready to commit
(no pun intended). I need to fix things at a crucial moment. I need to add a
featur
  that no one anticipated.  I can't be rigid and orthodox here

py2app is 99.9 percent exactly what I need.  It it excellent and has been a
terrific
help to me a and to the the community.  I just got lost and frustrated in the
morass of development.

I use it that way too. I have a few apps that are under constant development (some mine, and the Peppy editor). I use Py2app to build an Alias bundle, and then I have an app that looks, feels and acts like an app, but actually runs the development code and my Python install. I can't give it to anyone else, but I can set up others with a similar python install and set them up the same way.

Using Apple's installed python means one less install and, one less opportunity
for problem.

I'd think that what you are trying to do should work. And if you can figure it out what went wrong, please report here.

It is probably shortsighted.  Given everything, installing a python.org
version of python might make things more consistent and easier.

I think so -- and yes, it's one more install, but it's a pretty darn easy one.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov