On Wed, Feb 16, 2011, Prashant Saxena wrote:

> Leopard 10.5.5 Intel
> XCode 3.1.4
> Python 2.6.6 universal
> wxpython 2.8.11.0 universal
>
> After installing py2app using "python setup.py install", I created an .app of
> default wxpython's example name "supperdoodle".
> The resulting superdoodle.app is around 48.5 MB. Am I missing something in
> setup.py or this is normal size for wxpython based applications?

wxpython by itself probably accounts for about 10MB.  You should be able
to compress that down to around 15MB if you're distributing an installer
package.
--
Aahz (a...@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"Programming language design is not a rational science. Most reasoning
about it is at best rationalization of gut feelings, and at worst plain
wrong."  --GvR, python-ideas, 2009-03-01