On 18/02/2011 10:00 PM, pythonmac-sig-requ...@python.org wrote:
Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] py2app with wxpython
From:
Christopher Barker <chris.bar...@noaa.gov>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2011 09:12:36 -0800

To:
pythonmac-sig@python.org

On 2/17/11 2:05 AM, Gerhard Schmidt wrote:
Hi,

i try to generate an app from a wxPython project.

Generation the App runs without an error. But when i try to start the
App it terminates.

versions of python (and which binary install), py2app, wxPython, OS-X ?

The logs show that import wx doesn't work.

can you build a really, really simple wx app? (see enclosed)

What am i missing.

I'm not sure, but you do have something extra:

CFBundleIdentifier = "com.acf.vereinsverwaltung",
                         )
          ,'packages':      'wx'

you don't need to specify the wx package -- if there is an "import wx" in your code, py2app will find it.

          ,'site_packages': True

And I don't remember what this does -- try taking it out and see what you get.

-Chris

Do you need to specify 'pythonw' as the interpreter ??
It may depend on python version. I found (on OS X) that Python 2.7 requires pythonw rather than python to run my wxPython apps.

Cheers, Brendan.

--
Brendan Simon
www.etrix.com.au