In article <4d624d92.5070...@etrix.com.au>,
 "Brendan Simon (eTRIX)" <brendan.si...@etrix.com.au> wrote:
> I tried again with my Python 2.5.4 install and that does have the problem.
>
> "pythonw myapp.py" works fine.
>
> "python myapp.py" fails with the following error.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "myapp.py", line 18, in <module>
>     import main as myMain
>   File "/Users/brendan/src/main.py", line 19, in <module>
>     from theapp import MyApp
>   File "/Users/brendan/src/theapp.py", line 20, in <module>
>     import wxAnyThread
> ImportError: No module named wxAnyThread
>
> It looks like it is just a path issue.  So it should be easy to solve,
> but there is a difference in behaviour between python and pythonw with
> Python 2.5.4, even though the binaries are identical.  I presume that
> the the interpreter looks at the command that it is invoked with and
> does something different with sys.path ??

That still seems suspicious. If you are using Python 2.5.4 from the
python.org installer, it also installs identical bin/python2.5 and
bin/pythonw2.5 binaries, with bin/python and bin/pythonw as symlinks to
the versioned names.  So all four names *should* behave identically,
assuming all the names are being picked up from the framework bin
directory, /Library/Frameworks/Python.frameworks/Versions/2.5/bin.  Make
sure you are really using them:

  which pythonw
  which python

If necessary, you may need to specify absolute paths to the bin
directory or temporarily change your shell PATH to ensure the 2.5 bin
directory comes first (note, that Apple ships its own version of Python
2.5, linked in /usr/bin, in both OS X 10.5 and 10.6).

--
 Ned Deily,
 n...@acm.org