Hi,

First of all, not being experienced with python, my apologies if this question
answer was obvious, but I couldn't find a clear answer / solution to this.

I'm currently trying to package a pyGtk application as an OSX one.
This application is distributed as an egg and use pkg_resources facilities to
get things like app version and glade resources.
Having pkg_resources errors, from what I understand and found searching and
reading this mailing list, I came to the following conclusions:
py2app is not designed to use eggs
pkg_resources requires a distribution format like eggs to have the required
metadata to introspect a package.

Does this assumptions are true? > Does that means I have to purge code from
pkg_resources calls?
Any good suggestion / recommended implementation is welcome.

Vincent.