I've been trying to get one of my Python-Tk applications to integrate with Lion's sandboxing framework (for Mac App Store submission) and have been having difficulty. Based on some feedback I received in the Apple Developer forums, it appears that part of the issue is that the executable stub created by py2app does not link to the Cocoa frameworks. A quick run of otool -L confirms this:

Kevin-Walzers-MacBook:~ kevin$ otool -L /Users/kevin/Programming/quickwho/cbk/QuickWho.app/Contents/MacOS/QuickWho
/Users/kevin/Programming/quickwho/cbk/QuickWho.app/Contents/MacOS/QuickWho:
/usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 832.0.0) /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 125.2.10)

Is there any way I can get this executable linked to /System/Library/Frameworks/Cocoa.framework? I didn't think install_name_tool would do the trick, as that just rewrites links, rather than adding them. A

Any suggestions are appreciated.

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer