In article <50737897.9030...@codebykevin.com>,
 Kevin Walzer <k...@codebykevin.com> wrote:
> On 10/8/12 5:34 PM, Ned Deily wrote:
> > As far as I can tell, the problem is not fixed in the source tree.  The
> > problem is trivial to reproduce with Python and IDLE.  Try it with your
> > own build of Tk 8.5 installed in /Library/Frameworks and with any of the
> > current python.org 64-bit/32-bit installers
> > (http://www.python.org/download/) or with the ActiveState Python
> > installers.  Launch the appropriate IDLE.app and select Preferences from
> > the IDLE menu.
> I've done some further testing of this, and have run into something very
> odd.
>
> Just to be sure, I did a fresh checkout of Tk's core-8-5-branch and
> rebuilt it, and then rebuilt my installation of Python to link to it.
> (My recent Python apps have been linking to the Tk in
> /System/Library/Frameworks because of the Mac App Store, but as I'm
> moving away from the App Store that's no longer necessary.)
>
> After rebuilding and re-linking everything, I can indeed confirm the
> crash in IDLE. Running Command-, causes the app to crash instead of
> bringing up the preferences menu. However, I can't reproduce the crash
> in Tk itself. Running Wish, I define the standard
> tk::mac::ShowPrefrences procedure to print "foo" to standard output, and
> it works as expected. This is why I said I didn't see the error and
> wondered what version of Tk you were testing.

I've done some extensive building and bisecting of Fossil checkins to
the tk-cocoa-8-5-backport branch and have isolated the regression to a
particular checkin.  I've opened Tk issue 3575664 with the details and
provided a debug crash dump.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=112997&aid=3575664&grou
p_id=12997

BTW, I've also opened Tk issue 3575681 to document that the earlier
clipboard copy crash regression can still be reproduced with IDLE.

--
 Ned Deily,
 n...@acm.org