You have pointed me to something bizarre.  This is on a Mac.  On Mac,
though quitting the app closes all top-level windows, closing all top-level
windos doesn't quit the app.  So your question looks irrelevant—but it
isn't!  If I close my app's only window, I see that the app has quit!

Have I somehow discovered the secret to making a Mac behave like a Windows
machine?  (Am I happy?)

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Werner F. Bruhin <werner.bru...@free.fr>wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On 27/05/2013 19:22, Charles Hartman wrote:
>
>> Running it from the command line doesn't change anything; nothing shows
>> up in Terminal except a message saying that PySimpleApp is now deprecated
>> in wxPython.  But when I changed to the standard App instead, nothing
>> changed.  Nothing shows up in Console either.
>>
>> Following Kevin's suggestion, I'm posting the problem on the wxPython
>> list.
>>
> Could it be that you have any top level windows still open, or a timer not
> stopped or a tray icon which is still around?
>
> Werner

Charles O. Hartman
Poet in Residence
Lucy Marsh Haskell '19 Professor of Literatures in English
oak.conncoll.edu/cohar