When I updated my app, I switched from the deprecated wx.PySimpleApp, which
had the right default behavior on Mac, to wx.App, which apparently doesn't.
 (The docs say "You should normally exit the main loop (and the
application) by deleting the top window."  What's "normal" for a Windows
user would baffle my Mac users, and vice versa—but never mind.)  I see I
can call wxGetApp().ExitMainLoop.  But in response to what?  What is the
event sent by the Mac keyboard or menu Quit command?  Binding to
wx.EVT_CLOSE doesn't seem to do anything.

--

Charles O. Hartman
Poet in Residence