Hi css aka. bakwards-bent spangled spanner :-)

On 17.03.2013, at 07:16, spangled spanner <bentbakwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The script will not execute and console log shows me the following:
>
>     Mar 17 11:53:37 my-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING:
>            cs_invalid_page(0x1048fe000): p=1134[python] clearing CS_VALID

This code sign error is perhaps related to using a hackintosh.
luanchd does not require code signing, as far as I know. So perhaps that is not
the problem.

I recommend to read the [Daemons and Services Programming Guide][1] in the Mac
Developer Library.
Instead of a shell script, I would make an executable python script.
Use the syslog module to debug (and print) from python. You'll find the
messages in the Console.app.
Check the access rights (and executable bit) and then you can add which python
binary to use via the
she-bang line (`#!/path/to/my/venv/bin/python` atop). Inside of your python
check the `sys.path`.
Start with a simple hello-word. Or perhaps even without a venv first...

[1]:
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/BPSystemStartup/Chapters/Introduction.html

bests
 Samuel