On May 30, 2020, at 04:04, Ronald Oussoren via Pythonmac-SIG
<pythonmac-sig@python.org> wrote:
>> On 29 May 2020, at 12:44, Don Bowers <donald.bow...@zen.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> iMac (2009)  OS X El Capitan v  10.11.6
>>
>> Sirs, A few days ago I downloaded and installed the latest release of python
>> 3.8.3.
>>
>> All seemed normal at first until I tried to Cut & Paste parts of a script I
>> was working on in the IDLE
>> environment. The following are screen shots that are generally self
>> explanatory;
>>         <Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 17.58.53.png>
>> As can be seen, the cut and copy are greyed out and inoperative and I don’t
>> remember the "set" and "clear" Breakpoints, at the bottom.  It is as if
>> nothing had been selected.
>> Such a situation makes the editor practically unusable so I quit out of the
>> IDLE and Python.
> I get the same behaviour on macOS 10.15.5, both with 3.8.3 and the 3.9 beta.
> 3.7.4 works correctly.   This happens both in the interactive shell and in
> edit windows.  I’d guess this is a problem with the bundled copy of Tk.
>
> Could you file a bug on bugs.python.org?

It looks like this problem was caused by a change a couple of months ago for
Issue39885:

https://bugs.python.org/issue39885

which had the side effect of disabling the cut and copy context menu items.

A fix for that regression was just merged yesterday so the problem should be
resolved in the next set of releases,
3.8.4 and 3.7.8, which should both be available by mid-July.

--
  Ned Deily
  n...@python.org -- []