> Well, after more discussions with kparal, we are still unsure about the
> "right" way to tackle this.
> Our current call would be:
> 1) sync requirements.txt versions with fedora (mostly done)
> 2) allow --system-site-packages in the test_env
> 3) do `pip install -r requirements.txt` (with possible flags to enforce
> versions) to the makefile virtualenv creation step
> 4) add info to readme, that testing needs installation of packages from pypi,
> and that some of them need compilation
> 4-1) put together a list of packages that need to be installed (the
> python-foobar kind, not -devel + gcc) to the system, in order to "skip" the
> stuff that needs to be compiled

> Sounds reasonable, Kamil? Others?

I went back and forth on this. I thought it would be a really simple change,
and as usual, it seems more pain than gain. So, I went forward with this:
1. add tox.ini to projects to allow simple test suite execution with `pytest`
(non-controversial)
2. configure tox.ini to print out test coverage (non-controversial)
3. remove --system-site-packages from all places (readme, makefile) for those
projects, that can be *fully* installed from pypi *without any compilation*
(hopefully non-controversial).
4. keep (or add) --system-site-packages to readme/makefile for the remaining
projects, and add readme info how to deal with pypi compilation or local rpm
installation

What Josef mentioned is that he wouldn't try to replicate a perfect environment
directly on dev machine, because that's a lot of work. Instead, use the current
non-perfect environment on dev machines (which should be fine most of the time
anyway) and have a separate CI service (hopefully in the future) with more
strict environment configuration. I guess that's the most practical solution.

We might even want to reopen the question how to version deps in
requirements.txt vs spec file, but I'd keep that for a separate thread, if
needed.

My current patches for resultsdb projects are these:
https://phab.qa.fedoraproject.org/D1114
https://phab.qa.fedoraproject.org/D1116
https://phab.qa.fedoraproject.org/D1117