Hi,

I am sorry to seek help and at the same time report a strange behaviour, for a problem on which I can not find the origin.

I have a strange behaviour in an OOBasic program, and to make it simple I pruned down the question to the 12 lines of program which are displayed here :

option explicit

Type ZONEDIALOG
  hauteur   As Long
  largeur   As Long
End Type

Dim ZDstack(0 To 2) As ZONEDIALOG

Function Auto_Open()
    dim quoi as long
  quoi = 2  'const_xyz
  msgbox "OK"
End Function

The strange behaviour is as follows :

 * when executing this program, the message "Ok" comes up as expected,
   everything is fine and there is no error.

 * However now, consider the constant "2" at line 'quoi = 2' : if you
   replace this constant "2" by "const_xyz" (which is obviously
   undefined), observe what happens during thenext executions :
     o first execution brings up the message "Ok" : the error was not
       detected, although option explicit is active ... but that is not
       yet the biggest problem
     o executing a second time brings up "Basic execution error 9 :
       index out of the assigned range" at the line 'Dim ZDStack'

 * Now if reverting back to the constant "2" by removing "const_xyz"
   and putting the constant "2" in place again, it is also abnormal :
     o first execution shows "Ok"
     o following executions bring up "Basic execution error 9 : index
       out of the assigned range" at the line 'Dim ZDStack'

There is however a background to this behaviour : this file is issued from a full program showing this problem by removing all the unnecessary functions and sheets out of the program. If this small portion of code is copied to a fresh calc file, the strange behaviour does not show up.  Therefore, I suspect the behaviour to be caused by something else than just the code ; this is why I appended the file to this mail, for you to be able to debug.

I compared the sections of the file with the xml sections of a fresh document, and I found differences only in content.xml, settings.xml and  styles.xml, but nothing that could explain me why this behaviour.

If a charitable person could analyse this file, it would help me getting running the full program from which it is issued ... and it would probably expose a new bug in OO.  It won't be an easy job however I believe, therefore I am really thankful in advance !

Lucien
PS: I tried the file on two versions of OO and one LibreOffice, it does not make any difference.