Hi Czesław,

On 6/16/22 6:58 AM, Czesław Wolański wrote:
Hi,

The problem was reported yesterday on the English forum: topic "CINT("+1")
returns 0".
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?p=525249&sid=0481325a63f94adf45c49ba4175701d7#p525249

In version 4.1.12,   CLng("+1") returns 0 too.

I haven't found any relevant report in Bugzilla. Do you think this problem
is "Bugzilla-worthy"?

Kind regards,
Czesław

If anything I think the bug is that it doesn't throw a runtime exception and returns an unexpected value.
Not that it doesn't accept the + when used with a string like "+1".

I see that VBA does handle this now. I don't know if that was always the case.

The help text states"
"... To convert a string expression, the number must be entered as normal text ("123.5") using the default number format of your operating system."

If I enter +1 into a cell my default number format changes it to a 1.
I haven't found any number format options where positive values have a leading + but I haven't checked them all.

Beside the bug for the runtime exception there could be an enhancement request to handle the + leading the string value since VBA and LO have added it.

Just my opinion.

Best regards,
Carl