You will get more feedback once I’ll be back from vacation ^^

Your assumption that it should work out if the box is correct.

However, it should not use probes, but pkg-config instead (I assume, msys
provides correct .pc files).

I am currently working on the feature to implement this .

https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qbs/qbs/+/315910

https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qbs/qbs/+/350654

Ivan