Sorry for the long response.

The idea is that Qbs will use custom parser of .pc files - this allows us to
work with dependencies between .pc files and convert them to deps between qbs
modules which is not possible via pkg-config tool API. So you don’t really need
pkg-config binary to be present in the system. However, if it is present, Qbs
will use its libdirs automatically. So you will have 2 options - either pass
path to 32 bit pkg-config or set libdirs manually (it is also possible to have
some hardcoded values in Qbs, maybe depending on the toolchain? dunno)

Ivan

> 21 июля 2021 г., в 22:55, Björn Schäpers <qt-maill...@hazardy.de> написал(а):
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> This is fine for me. And yes msys provides .pc files, but that leaves me with
> another problem, at least when used from the QtCreator. I only have
> pkg-config from my 64 bit system in the path, an thus when compiling for 32
> bit the wrong libraries are picked up.
>
> Regards,
> Björn.
>
> Am 21.07.2021 um 07:16 schrieb Иван Комиссаров:
>> You will get more feedback once I’ll be back from vacation ^^
>>
>> Your assumption that it should work out if the box is correct.
>>
>> However, it should not use probes, but pkg-config instead (I assume, msys
>> provides correct .pc files).
>>
>> I am currently working on the feature to implement this .
>>
>> https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qbs/qbs/+/315910
>>
>> https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qbs/qbs/+/350654
>>
>> Ivan
>>
>>> 21 июля 2021 г., в 03:07, Björn Schäpers <qt-maill...@hazardy.de>
>>> написал(а):
>>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> my setup is msys2 gcc in 64 and 32 bit, a from msys installed protobuf, and
>>> a self compiled qbs. The protobuf module does not find the header or the
>>> libraries, it seems the search path is just empty, and for the libraries it
>>> looks for the wrong files. It searches protobuf.lib, but the file is named
>>> libprotobuf.a.
>>>
>>> I have prepared a patch, with which the protobuf examples compile and run:
>>> https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qbs/qbs/+/358698 my colleagues tells me
>>> for gRPC there are some additional libraries missing, but that's another
>>> point.
>>>
>>> There is little feedback on the patch, only that I could set the paths in
>>> my project file. Yes I could, but in my opinion it should work out of the
>>> box with a msys setup. But the wrong library names and suffixes I can not
>>> fix in my project file, or can I?
>>>
>>> So my questions are:
>>> 1. Should it be fixed in qbs itself, or do I have to make a fork?
>>> 2. Should it be fixed in the protobuf module, or the probes itself?
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>> Björn.