The last patch I sent, enabled the MONITOR cpuid flag for testing purposes. So Linux guests won't execute the 'hlt' instruction anymore. Since we don't really emulate an 'mwait' instruction, this leads to high cpu usage on the host, even when the guest cpu is idle.

Please use the updated patch attached below.

Sorry,
Jo.

Joachim Henke wrote:
Could you please check, if the attached patch works for you? A quick test showed that Linux boots fine with the MONITOR flag set now.

This patch adds 'monitor' and 'mwait' as nops, as suggested by Fabrice.

--
Joachim Henke
http://he-jo.net/