Hello Aditya,

On 4/2/24 08:39, Aditya Gupta wrote:
Hello Cédric,

Thanks for reviewing this.

On Mon, Apr 01, 2024 at 10:25:31AM +0200, Cédric Le Goater wrote:
Hello Aditya,

Please run ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl when sending a series. qemu-ppc should be
in Cc:

Tried it now, For some reason, get_maintainer.pl shows no maintainers:

     $ ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl -f
0002-ppc-powernv11-add-base-support-for-P11-PowerNV.patch
     get_maintainer.pl: No maintainers found, printing recent contributors.
     get_maintainer.pl: Do not blindly cc: them on patches!  Use common sense.
qemu-devel@nongnu.org (open list:All patches CC here)

Weird. I downloaded your series with b4 and ran the get_maintainer.pl script :

$ ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl
20240401_adityag_p11_support_for_qemu.patches/0001_ppc_pseries_add_p11_cpu_type.patch

20240401_adityag_p11_support_for_qemu.patches/0002_ppc_powernv11_add_base_support_for_p11_powernv.patch

Nicholas Piggin <npig...@gmail.com> (odd fixer:sPAPR (pseries))
Daniel Henrique Barboza <danielhb...@gmail.com> (reviewer:sPAPR (pseries))
David Gibson <da...@gibson.dropbear.id.au> (reviewer:sPAPR (pseries))
Harsh Prateek Bora <hars...@linux.ibm.com> (reviewer:sPAPR (pseries))
"Cédric Le Goater" <c...@kaod.org> (odd fixer:PowerNV Non-Virt...)
"Frédéric Barrat" <fbar...@linux.ibm.com> (reviewer:PowerNV Non-Virt...)
qemu-...@nongnu.org (open list:sPAPR (pseries))
qemu-devel@nongnu.org (open list:All patches CC here)

I checked the MAINTAINERS file, will add maintainers in Cc, thanks.

Briefly looking at this, please separate the changes using one patch per model,
that is : first CPU (target), LPC, OCC, PSI, SBE, PnvCore, SpaprCore. Last the
PnvChip and the machines, powernv11 and pseries. A minimum commit log describing
the HW is required.

Sure, I will split the changes and improve my commit descriptions.

I don't see PHB6 or XIVE3. Why ?

Power11 core is same as Power10, so it supports till PHB5 and XIVE2,
same as P10. That's why I have not added any code for them.

ok. That's typically the info the commit log should have.

Also, you will need an OPAL update. The above changes are pointless without it.
The minimum for now is a git commit from the opal repo, then you will need to
update QEMU with a binary.

Agreed. I will consult when we push it to public. Will update this in
next series.

There might be some days delay in the next patch series.

We have entered the QEMU 9.1 cycle. There is time. I will comment more
the next respin.

Thanks,

C.