On Mon Apr 1, 2024 at 3:55 PM AEST, Aditya Gupta wrote:
> This patch series adds support for Power11 pseries and powernv machine targets
> to emulate VMs running on Power11.
>
> Most of the P11 support code has been taken from P10 code in QEMU.
> And has been tested in pseries, powernv, with and without compat mode.

Thanks for this.

I wonder if we could try to get rid of some of the code / structure
duplication for creating a new machine.

I don't want to add a bunch of CPP generator macros or squash too much
code together with lots of flags, but maybe there's something we can
do. Since this is a very small change from P10, it might be a good time
to work out some refactoring.

Even a hw/ppc/pnv_powernv10.c and hw/ppc/pnv_powernv11.c, and
target/ppc/cpu_init_power10.c and cpu_init_power11.c might be an
improvement because you could easily diff them (hopefully we could
do better than that, but just a thought).

Thanks,
Nick