On 5/14/2024 11:33 AM, Michael Tokarev wrote:
14.05.2024 16:54, Michael Tokarev пишет:
On 5/14/24 16:39, Michael Galaxy wrote:
Steve,

OK, so it does not look like this bugfix you wrote was included in 8.2.4 (which was released yesterday). Unfortunately, that means that anyone using CPR in that release will still (eventually) encounter the bug like I did.

8.2.4 is basically a "bugfix" release for 8.2.3 which I somewhat
screwed up (in a minor way), plus a few currently (at the time)
queued up changes.   8.2.3 was a big release though.

I would recommend that y'all consider cherry-picking, perhaps, the relevant commits for a possible 8.2.5 ?

Please Cc changes which are relevant for -stable to, well,
qemu-sta...@nongnu.org :)

Which changes needs to be picked up?
Please also note this particular change does not apply cleanly to
stable-8.2 branch due to other changes in this area between 8.2
and 9.0, in particular, in postcopy_start().  So if this is to be
picked up for stable-8.2, I need help from someone who better
understands this code to select changes to pick.

Thanks,

/mjt

Michael Galaxy, I'm afraid you are out of luck with respect to qemu 8.2.
It has some of the cpr reboot commits, but is missing the following:

87a2848 migration: massage cpr-reboot documentation
cbdafc1 migration: options incompatible with cpr
ce5db1c migration: update cpr-reboot description
9867d4d migration: stop vm for cpr
4af667f migration: notifier error checking
bf78a04 migration: refactor migrate_fd_connect failures
6835f5a migration: per-mode notifiers
5663dd3 migration: MigrationNotifyFunc
c763a23e migration: remove postcopy_after_devices
9d9babf migration: MigrationEvent for notifiers
3e77573 migration: convert to NotifierWithReturn
d91f33c migration: remove error from notifier data
be19d83 notify: pass error to notifier with return
b12635f migration: fix coverity migrate_mode finding
2b58a8b tests/qtest: postcopy migration with suspend
b1fdd21 tests/qtest: precopy migration with suspend
5014478 tests/qtest: option to suspend during migration
f064975 tests/qtest: migration events
49a5020 migration: preserve suspended for bg_migration
58b1057 migration: preserve suspended for snapshot
b4e9ddc migration: preserve suspended runstate
d3c86c99 migration: propagate suspended runstate
9ff5e79 cpus: vm_resume
0f1db06 cpus: check running not RUN_STATE_RUNNING
b9ae473 cpus: stop vm in suspended runstate
f06f316 cpus: vm_was_suspended

All of those landed in qemu 9.0.

- Steve