On 5/14/24 08:54, Michael Tokarev wrote:
On 5/14/24 16:39, Michael Galaxy wrote:
Steve,

OK, so it does not look like this bugfix you wrote was included in 8.2.4 (which was released yesterday). Unfortunately, that means that anyone using CPR in that release will still (eventually) encounter the bug like I did.

8.2.4 is basically a "bugfix" release for 8.2.3 which I somewhat
screwed up (in a minor way), plus a few currently (at the time)
queued up changes.   8.2.3 was a big release though.

I would recommend that y'all consider cherry-picking, perhaps, the relevant commits for a possible 8.2.5 ?

Please Cc changes which are relevant for -stable to, well,
qemu-sta...@nongnu.org :)

Which changes needs to be picked up?

Steve, can you comment here, please? At a minimum, we have this one: [PULL 20/25] migration: stop vm for cpr

But that pull came with a handful of other changes that are also not in QEMU v8, so I suspect I'm missing some other important changes that might be important for a stable release?

- Michael

Thanks,

/mjt