On Thu, 20 Jun 2024 15:34, Paolo Bonzini <pbonz...@redhat.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 20, 2024 at 1:10 PM Alex Bennée <alex.ben...@linaro.org> wrote:
> +# FIXME: These are the latest stable versions, refine to actual minimum ones.
> +msrv = {
> +  'rustc': '1.79.0',
> +  'cargo': '1.79.0',
> +  'bindgen': '0.69.4',
> +}

So for Debian Bookworm this comes out as:

  msrv = {
    'rustc': '1.79.0',
    'cargo': '1.79.0',
    'bindgen': '0.69.4',
  }

I think it's 0.60.1 bindgen and 1.63.0 rustc/cargo? That means we
don't have generic associated types (1.65), which are nice to have but
not absolutely necessary.

The only other one with an old version is Ubuntu 22.04 (1.58.1), but
it has 1.75.0 in updates

Paolo

1.63 is definitely old at this point but we might still be in luck, (Except for bindgen). I will try running cargo-msrv[0] which finds the actual minimum supported version of a codebase with a binary search and see if we can give up features if necessary.

[0]: https://github.com/foresterre/cargo-msrv