On 7/1/24 1:31 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
On Mon, Jul 1, 2024 at 3:30 PM Daniel Henrique Barboza
<dbarb...@ventanamicro.com> wrote:
My initial intention was to fix a problem we're having with libvirt and
RISC-V where we can't set 'riscv-aia' by appending '-accel kvm,riscv-aia=val'
via <qemu:cmdline> in the domain XML. libvirt will add a leading
'-accel kvm' in the regular command line and ignore the second. But to
fix that (patch 2) we must first guarantee that we're not mixing different
accelerators.

I think you can use -global, if you tweak qdev_prop_check_globals() to
also allow descendents of TYPE_ACCEL.

For example:

    ./qemu-system-x86_64 -accel kvm -global kvm-accel.kernel-irqchip=off

I'll try it out! Thanks,

Daniel

Paolo