Hi Paolo,

could you please take a look? If you don't like my patch I will be
happy if you suggest your solution for this problem.
We can help with reviewing it.

I grepped through the QEMU sources and found timer_del is called from
a separate thread in accel/tcg/tcg-accel-ops-rr.c.
It does not use the opaque pointer, so this is not exactly the same
issue I sent the patch for, but QEMU already has
timer_del inside a separate thread.

Another solution (to adding timer_join) here could be guaranteeing
that the timer callback will not fire after timer_del is called.
This would be beneficial for accel/tcg/tcg-accel-ops-rr.c.

Regards,
Roman.