On 25/07/2024 11.42, Manos Pitsidianakis wrote:
Hello Daniel,

On Wed, 24 Jul 2024 12:55, "Daniel P. Berrangé" <berra...@redhat.com> wrote:
Many times we see a build job start failing, we wonder if the installed
packages have changed since the last passing build. We can rarely
diagnose this, however, since we only have the new container image, not
the old one.

APT allows you to specify to pin package versions when installing; wouldn't that help ensure our tests are deterministic?

Even if tests would be more deterministic that way, I also don't think that's what we want: We would test with backlevel packages that users are not using (since they'll normally use the latest version of a package from a certain version of a distro). So in our CI, we would not be able to reproduce the issues that the users are seeing on their systems.

 Thomas