On Wednesday, July 17 2024, Michael Tokarev wrote:

> Hi everyone,

Hey Michael,

> The QEMU v8.2.6 stable release is now available.
>
> You can grab the tarball from our download page here:
>
>   https://www.qemu.org/download/#source
>
>   https://download.qemu.org/qemu-8.2.6.tar.xz
>   https://download.qemu.org/qemu-8.2.6.tar.xz.sig (signature)
>
> v8.2.6 is now tagged in the official qemu.git repository, and the
> stable-8.2 branch has been updated accordingly:
>
>   https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/commits/stable-8.2
>
> There are 23 changes since the previous v8.2.5 release, including
> a fix for CVE-2024-4467 (qemu-img info command lack of input validation).
> This is supposed to be the last release in 8.2.x series.
>
> Thank you everyone who has been involved and helped with the stable series!

We talked on IRC but I thought I'd drop this email and make it official.
Ubuntu 24.04 Noble ships QEMU 8.2.x and it would be great if the
stable-8.2 series were to be maintained for a longer period of time.  I
can try helping with review/backporting as time permits.

Thanks for working on this.

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: E92F D0B3 6B14 F1F4 D8E0  EB2F 106D A1C8 C3CB BF14