On 9/15/26 22:53, Alex Bennée wrote:
This cleans up a few bits and pieces although doesn't totally solve
the issue of an apparent stall while meson builds the docker image.
However with these changes there should be no difference between the
meson build and the equivalent "make docker-image-foo" invocation.

We also finally get rid of the ill-advised magic caching support in
docker.py.

v3

  - Update make2test to trigger docker build from Makefile.include.
  - add Daniels's suggested console: true patch
  - fixed up some unref vars from the reverts

v2

I've restored the configure based compiler checks for so we can build
roms and the vdso blobs again. It looks like we could never build roms
with container based images so I've left it for now. Unlike the vdso
build we can't trigger a container build through Makefile.prereqs.

TODO
----

I've still got Ilya's s390 test image patches to look at but I'm
sending v2 because enough people are hitting issues.

I also need to look at the timestamp stuff that Pierrick has suggested
to see if that improves the caching from the registry.

The following still need review:

   tests/tcg: add console property to docker image custom target
   scripts/make2mtest: add docker dependencies for check-tcg-% targets
   tests/docker: fix brown bag typo for docker-ccache
   tests/docker: swap --quiet for --verbose
   tests/docker: add container registry to configure and use
   tests/tcg: use --add-current-user when building containers
   configure: re-purpose the tcg test compiler configs for vdso building
   Revert "tests/tcg/meson.build: implement ./configure -cross-cc-* options"

Still missing [email protected]
("[PATCH] tests/tcg: Fix building outside of the source tree")

which is second behind --disable-containers in my current pain points.


r~

Reply via email to