Am 21.09.2026 um 11:22 hat Alex Bennée geschrieben:
> Paolo Bonzini <[email protected]> writes:
> 
> > Until now QEMU's code provenance policy declined any contribution
> > believed to include or derive from AI-generated content.  A blanket ban
> > was easy to maintain while LLM output was rarely usable on its own, but
> > as the tools improved an absolute prohibition has become harder to
> > justify and enforce.
> <snip>
> > +Commit messages for AI-assisted changes
> > +'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
> > +
> > +In order to disclose your usage of AI/LLM tools, add an ``AI-used-for:``
> > +line before the :ref:`Signed-off-by <code-provenance>` line.  The trailer
> > +is both a reminder of your DCO obligations and a guide to reviewers.  The
> > +text is one or more of ``code``, ``tests``, ``docs``, ``research``, 
> > possibly
> > +followed by an explanation in parentheses:
> > +
> > +.. code-block:: none
> > +
> > +     AI-used-for: tests, docs
> > +     AI-used-for: code
> > +     AI-used-for: code (refactoring)
> > +     AI-used-for: code (prototype)
> > +     AI-used-for: research
> > +
> > +``AI-used-for`` should not be included for "background" usage such as
> > +autocomplete or obtaining a pre-review of the patch.
> 
> While experimenting with these tags I had done a patches with:
> 
>   AI-used-for: created qtest boilerplate based on bug report
>   AI-used-for: importing and validating test case
>   AI-used-for: initial prototype changes
>   AI-used-for: initial draft of test
>   AI-used-for: fetch issue, apply proposed patch, verify build and qtests

I feel this is way too verbose. It almost looks like a version history
of the work submitted in the patch. I'm not interested in this at all,
I'm only interested in the final result and which parts I have to assume
to contain AI generated content.

> Of the last one I expect "fetch issue, apply proposed patch, verify
> build" is superfluous as its really just automation but the converting a
> bug test case into a proper qtest case is worth flagging as it is a
> transformation worth getting called out?

If I understand correctly what really happened there, it could be:

    AI-used-for: tests (based on bug #1234)

With the wordy, but unspecific tags above, I'm not completely sure if
"code" ought to be included, too. It gives a lot of irrelevant
information that I have to filter out when reading, but it missed the
important part.

Kevin


Reply via email to