2013/1/28 Andreas Färber <afaer...@suse.de>

> Am 25.01.2013 09:19, schrieb Kuo-Jung Su:
> > From: Kuo-Jung Su <dant...@faraday-tech.com>
> >
> > These patches introduce Faraday A36x SoC platform support.
> >
> > Faraday provides ARMv4/ARMv5TE compatible solutions,
> > and focus on ASIC design service.
> >
> > Here are some public documents for you reference.
> >
> > http://www.faraday-tech.com/html/documentation/index.html
> >
> > The pre-built images are also available at my Google Drive:
> >
> > https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BwfiewvSmUgAX2pTTmtUMGFCZW8/edit
> >
> > Here is the image file list:
> >
> > 1. android-4.0.4/zImage: A369 linux-3.0.31
> > 2. android-4.0.4/romfs-4.0.4.tar.bz2: android-4.0.4
> > 3. nand.img.bz2: A369 nand flash image
> > 4. rom.img.bz2: A369 embedded ROM image
> > 5. u-boot: A369 u-boot-2012.10 ELF file
> > 6. zImage: A369 linux-3.4.12 + initramfs
> > 7. README
>
> Thank you for posting these test images. Could you also publish your
> patches on some public git branch so that one doesn't need to manually
> apply 20 or more patches to test it? (e.g., GitHub, repo.or.cz, ...)
>
> Another thing you could look into is qemu-jeos.git support - could you
> supply configs for building an upstream Linux kernel for testing? You
> can look at arm-vexpress.cfg as template.

Sorry, there are lot of patches, and most of them have coding styles.
Becuase the entire open source release (I mean 'mine' open source release)
was
initialated 2 weeks ago.
And yes, you might have noticed. The QEMU is my very 1st open source
release....

And there are somehing make things even worst ....
For example:

In u-boot, there are already some bad code / or heavily un-tested code
have release to its git tree.
i.e.
1. The ftsdc010_esdhc contributed by Andes Technology (a subsidiary of
Faraday)
    simply doesn't work at Faraday A369 in u-boot-2013.01.
    One of my colleague has ever make it work in u-boot-2010.09,
    but its performanceis only 1/10 of mine ...

2. The ftgmac100 is somehow contributed by someone should do that with a
    untested version, although it seemds to work correctly with MMU
disabled.

All of these, means after applying my patch, you would have multi-pile
drivers
against the same hardware....

If none of these were problem to you, I'll tried to make them open source
later.

And for a record, in my original open source schedule, the following items
would be release in turn.

1) qemu (a36x)
2) u-boot-2013.01
3) linux-3.4.12
4) falinux (It's a combination of uClinux and build-root, was my personal
    linux BSP, and now seems to be an official one in Faraday)
5) android-4.0.4
6) linux-3.0.31 for android
7) android-dist (A clone of falinux, which is designed to genrated andoird
images)
8) contiki-2.6
9) contiki-2.6-dist (A clone of falinux, which is designed to genrated
contiki images)
10) ecos-3.0
11) ecos-dist (A clone of falinux, which is designed to genrated contiki
images)
12) virgil (A referenced ROM code for my projects, which is also a
RTOS/FreeRTOS)

Because Faraday is actually a ASIC desgin service company, it usualy cares
nothing
about software and intends to make them all open sourced to catch more
customers.

> Changes for v2:
> >
> >    1. coding style fixes (verified with checkpatch.pl)
> >    2. add Faraday A360 support
> >    3. add Faraday USB 2.0 EHCI support
> >    4. merge a369_scu.c into a369.c
> >    5. introduce QOM coding style
> >    6. remove lowercase Macros: min(), max()
> >    7. name all struct as CamelCase style
> >    8. move function prototypes from .c to faraday.h
> >    9. use switch instead of if statement in a369_ahbc_write
> >   10. remove debug prints
> >   11. update all uarts in A36x to DEVICE_LITTLE_ENDIAN.
> >   12. move the variable definitions to the start of the function,
> >       instead of inside a do { } while(0)
> >   13. remove disabled and commented out code.
> >   14. use hw_error() and exit() upon pflash register failed.
> >   15. add const prior to TypeInfo (i.e. static *const*
> >       TypeInfo ftrtc011_info)
> >   16. add le32_to_cpu/cpu_to_le32 to the descriptor processing in
> >       FTGMAC100/FTMAC110.
> >   17. update the GPL license to GPL v2 (except for FTLCDC200,
> >       it's based on pl110.c which is LGPL.)
> >   18. add const to src_* in the DMA controllers (FTAPBBRG020/FTDMAC020)
> >
> >   Note:
> >   1. Thanks to the comments from KONRAD, Andreas, Paul and Blue.
> >      But if there is still something missed, please kindly remind me to
> fix.
> >      Thanks!
>
> Your detailed change log is very helpful, thank you. When you post a v3
> however, please post the patch series as a top-level patchset (i.e., the
> cover letter not as a reply, just the actual patches to the cover
> letter), the change log then should be sufficient to understand its
> historical context and that makes it a little easier for humans or
> Anthony's scripts to find the latest patch versions.

Sorry, I can't get you very well...
I guess I'm not supposed to use --in-reply-to=<identifier> with git
send-email
and change log should not be removed.
Any way I'll try to find some examples from the email and google for some
more to see how to do that....

> For all your new SysBus devices (i.e., types with .parent =
> SYS_BUS_DEVICE) please use a QOM realizefn instead of a qdev initfn -
> not just the function naming but dc->realize rather than sdc->init. This
> avoids one of us having to go through your code later and doing the
> conversion. (I showed you how to do that for EHCI as an example.)
>
> What I'm still missing in v2 is qtest test cases for the RTC and a
> libqos driver for your I2C master. If you have questions how to go about
> that, feel free to ask on IRC.

Sorry, IRC is banned from my company, and I usually don't work at home....
My wife would get crazzy on me.

P.S:
My real work is to help customers to build new their own new SoC platform
and it's extremely easy so I usually have lots of private time at work.

> >   2. There are still two coding style errors reported by checkpatch.pl,
> >      but I think they might be false alarms, here is the error log:
> >
> >   ERROR: need consistent spacing around '*' (ctx:WxV)
> >   #74: FILE: hw/a360.c:32:
> >   +    i2c_bus      *i2c[2];                ^
> >
> >   ERROR: open brace '{' following function declarations go on the next
> line
> >   #4680: FILE: hw/ftlcdc200_template.h:59:
> >   +static drawfn glue(ftlcdc200_draw_fn_, BITS)[48] = {
>
> Yes, your analysis looks correct, you can ignore both "errors".

got you, thanks

--
Best wishes,
Kuo-Jung Su