Hello QEMU developers,

I'm trying to do the closes thing to a static linked compile with curses
enabled of qemu-system32.exe for the Windows platform as possible.

I've resisted mailing this developer mailing list for a year before I
decided to turn here for help. I've made a self-contained QEMU/Linux distro
that doesn't require an install, and runs with a double-click from Dropbox
or a USB pendrive on Linux, Mac or Windows. Look here for details:
MikeLev.in/UX/

Lately, I've been trying to get the magic cocktail of files under control
so I can modernize and better control the project and come into license
compliance. To that end, I've successfully compiled 1.6.1 for Linux with
--enable-curses and static linking. For Mac, I did the close equivalent
with Homebrew. You can see these both working in Levinux 2.3.

However, whenever I try to get the Windows version into parity, I fail each
time - usually having something to do with unfulfilled dependencies. Over
the year, I've tried compiling under MinGW, Cygwin, cross-compiling from
Linux, all with insurmountable obstacles (for me).

And so I turn to you QEMU developer gurus to see if this project/challenge
sparks anyone's interest? It's mostly about eliminating the
pointer-grabbing. I can live with SDL. But the ideal is curses, so you can
get something that looks color vim in an xterm window without pointer
grabbing (confuses newbies).

Feel free to email me directly at mikle...@gmail.com if interested helping
me with this project.

Thanks.