Am 12.11.2013 23:28, schrieb Mike Levin:
> Hello QEMU developers,
>
> I'm trying to do the closes thing to a static linked compile with
> curses enabled of qemu-system32.exe for the Windows platform as possible.
>
> I've resisted mailing this developer mailing list for a year before I
> decided to turn here for help. I've made a self-contained QEMU/Linux
> distro that doesn't require an install, and runs with a double-click
> from Dropbox or a USB pendrive on Linux, Mac or Windows. Look here for
> details: MikeLev.in/UX/
>
> Lately, I've been trying to get the magic cocktail of files under
> control so I can modernize and better control the project and come
> into license compliance. To that end, I've successfully compiled 1.6.1
> for Linux with --enable-curses and static linking. For Mac, I did the
> close equivalent with Homebrew. You can see these both working in
> Levinux 2.3.
>
> However, whenever I try to get the Windows version into parity, I fail
> each time - usually having something to do with unfulfilled
> dependencies. Over the year, I've tried compiling under MinGW, Cygwin,
> cross-compiling from Linux, all with insurmountable obstacles (for me).
>
> And so I turn to you QEMU developer gurus to see if this
> project/challenge sparks anyone's interest? It's mostly about
> eliminating the pointer-grabbing. I can live with SDL. But the ideal
> is curses, so you can get something that looks color vim in an xterm
> window without pointer grabbing (confuses newbies).
>
> Feel free to email me directly at mikle...@gmail.com
> <mailto:mikle...@gmail.com> if interested helping me with this project.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mike Levin

Hello Mike,

for MinGW or MinGW-w64, pdcurses is a good choice which worked the last
time when I tried it.
If you generate binaries which support both curses and SDL, you have to
set SDL_STDIO_REDIRECT=no
in the environment - otherwise the curses output will be sent to a file
(no screen output)!

MinGW or MinGW-w64 (which is better) both can be used native or for
cross development.
Cygwin is not supported and will currently fail.

Cheers,

Stefan Weil