On 12/07/2009 07:09 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
Avi Kivity wrote:
On 12/07/2009 06:59 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
Avi Kivity wrote:
What about developers that hit the assert? Do they send patches that fix code that works in production just so they can run in developer mode?

Sounds like a good way to get developers to help convert from qemu_malloc() to qemu_new*() :-)

In 0.12?

My objection was to different behaviour of 0.12 in dev and production modes.

It's a temporary problem that hopefully will be addressed quickly in the 0.13 cycle.

I don't understand. People will develop patches for 0.12 for a while as bugs are reported and fixed.