Pavel Fedin <p.fe...@samsung.com> writes:

> Avoid repetitive lookup of every property in array starting from 0 by adding
> one more property which caches last used index. Every time an array is
> expanded the index is picked up from this cache.
>
> The property is a uint32_t and its name is name of the array plus '#'
> ('name#'). It has getter function in order to allow to inspect it from
> within monitor.

Do we really want '#' in property names?  Elsewhere, we require names to
be id_wellformed().  I've long argued for doing that consistently[*],
but QOM still doesn't.

I've always hated "automatic arrayification", not least because it
encodes semantics in property names.  I tried to replace it[**], but
Paolo opposed it.  Which makes him the go-to guy for reviewing anything
that touches it ;-P

[*] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2014-10/msg00030.html
[**] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2014-10/msg00030.html