Eduardo Habkost <ehabk...@redhat.com> writes:

> Use Coccinelle script to replace 'ret = E; return ret' with
> 'return E'. The script will do the substitution only when the
> function return type and variable type are the same.
>
> Sending as RFC because the patch looks more intrusive than the
> others. Probably better to split it per subsystem and let each
> maintainer review and apply it?

As far as I'm concerned, obvious mechanical cleanups like this one can
go in as a single tree-wide patch.  I'd consider making you split it up,
then chase maintainers a waste of your time[*].

checkpatch.pl is unhappy:

529: WARNING: line over 80 characters
563: WARNING: line over 80 characters
695: WARNING: line over 80 characters
811: ERROR: return is not a function, parentheses are not required
830: ERROR: return is not a function, parentheses are not required
849: ERROR: return is not a function, parentheses are not required

[*] Been there, done that, but if it is what it takes...