On 09/20/16 20:23, Thorsten Kohfeldt wrote:

> Am 20.09.2016 um 02:51 schrieb Laszlo Ersek:

>> I think it would make sense to work from the pre-rendered FlatView,
>> if the information you can get out of it covers your needs.
>
> I assume you know by now that I do _not_ feel that it covers my needs.

Okay. I guess you've made your point convincingly enough (although I'm
just an interested bystander in this thread). I think the patch has a
very low chance for regressions and it shouldn't draw in a big
maintenance burden, so it could be considered "pure improvement" as-is.

I'm not volunteering to do a full review. One thing I notice though is
that the constification of memory_region_size()'s sole parameter could
be / should be moved into a separate, "prep" patch.

(I propose you wait for further feedback before reposting just with this
change.)

Thanks
Laszlo