On 09/04/2019 09.45, Markus Armbruster wrote:
> Thomas Huth <th...@redhat.com> writes:
>
>> We'd like to get rid of global_qtest in the long run (since it is
>> causing trouble for tests that run multiple instances of QEMU in
>> parallel, e.g. migration tests)... so if it is feasible, please don't
>> use it in new code anymore. Try to use a local variable in the function
>> that call qtest_initf() and pass the test state around via a parameter
>> to the functions that need it.
>
> Twenty tests still use @global_qtest
>
> Either we're serious about getting rid of @global_qtest.  Then we should
> just do it.

Ha ha, "just do it" ... that's quite a bit of work, actually. It's not
just about grep'ing for global_qtest, you also have to replace all the
writel(), readl() etc. functions with qtest_writel(), qtest_readl() etc.

If you feel like this is a "just do it" quick task, you're welcome to help!

> Or we're not.  Then we shouldn't ask contributors to do extra work.

We are:

 git log --oneline -- tests | grep global_qtest

... it just takes time.

 Thomas