On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 10:15:05AM +0100, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 04:53:02PM +0800, zhe...@windriver.com wrote:
> > libgcrypt may also be controlled by pkg-config, this patch adds pkg-config
> > handling for libgcrypt.
>
> Where are you seeing pkg-config files for libgcrypt ?
>
> The upstream project has (frustratingly) been hostile to any proposal to
> add pkg-config support saying people should stick with their custom
> libgcrypt-config tool
>
>    https://dev.gnupg.org/T2037
>
> Even if this is something added by some distro downstream, what is the
> benefit in using it, compared with libgcrypt-confg which should already
> work & is portable.

Resurrecting an old thread to point out that the upstream stance
seems to have changed since that discussion:

https://git.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=libgcrypt.git;a=commit;h=97194b422bc89a6137f4e218d4cdee118c63e96e

libgcrypt 1.9.0, released almost exactly a year ago, comes with a
pkg-config file out of the box. With that in mind, I think it would
make sense to re-evaluate this patch for inclusion.