On Montag, 14. Februar 2022 10:55:17 CET Peter Maydell wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 at 09:47, Christian Schoenebeck
>
> <qemu_...@crudebyte.com> wrote:
> > So this is about the 'dirent' patch:
> > https://github.com/cschoenebeck/qemu/commit/de19c79dad6a2cad54ae04ce754d47
> > c07bf9bc93
> >
> > In conjunction with the 9p fuzzing tests:
> > https://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/9p#Fuzzing
> >
> > I first thought it might be a false positive due to the unorthodox
> > handling of dirent duplication by that patch, but from the ASan output
> > below I am not really sure about that.
> >
> > Is there a way to get the content of local variables?
>
> Yes. You can build locally with the clang sanitizers enabled and then
> run under gdb and with the appropriate environment variables to tell the
> sanitizer to abort() on failures.

Well, it does no longer matter for this particular issue here, but it would be
useful if the CI scripts would already dump the local variables to the logs.

E.g. because the patch in question was about system dependant variations.

Another reason is the random data nature of fuzzing tests. Even though the
latter could probably be reproduced with an appropriate seed.

Best regards,
Christian Schoenebeck