Am 16.02.23 um 15:17 schrieb Mike Maslenkin:
> Does additional comparison make a sense here: check for LBA == 0 and
> then check MBR signature bytes.
> Additionally it’s easy to check buffer_is_zero() result or even print
> FIS contents under these conditions.
> Data looks like a part of guest memory of 64bit Windows.

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll think about adding such a check and
dumping of FIS contents in a custom build for affected users. But in
general it would be too much noise for non-MBR cases: e.g. on a disk
formatted with ext4 (without any partitions), Linux will write to sector
0 on every startup and shutdown.

Best Regards,
Fiona