Hi everyone,

Thank you everyone for the reviews, this is the v3 patchset based on the
reviews received on the previous ones.

Links to the previous patchsets:
v1: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2023-05/msg00868.html
v2: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2023-05/msg01943.html

I've broken this patchset into two parts; the first patch contains fixes
for places in migration.c where the failure reason is not updated.
Compared to the previous patchset, this fixes a few errors existing in
the last patch and covers a few more places where the failure reason
isn't updated.

The second patch, covers places outside of migration.c, which eventually
lead to a migration failure, along with an error_report() call being
made, however without an update for the failure reason. I am aware that
the changes in vmstate.c breaks the build due to a unit-test build
failing, so I wanted to know the right way to approach this.

regards,
Tejus

Tejus GK (2):
  migration: Update error description whenever migration fails
  migration: Update error description whenever migration fails

 migration/migration.c | 23 ++++++++++++-----------
 migration/savevm.c    | 13 ++++++++++---
 migration/vmstate.c   | 13 ++++++++++---

2.22.3