On Thu, May 18, 2023 at 11:31:47AM +0530, Ani Sinha wrote:

> > On 17-May-2023, at 9:50 PM, Alex Bennée <alex.ben...@linaro.org> wrote:
> >
> > ./tests/bios-tables-test --iasl-path ${CONFIG_IASL}
> >
> > and then you have the best of both worlds. You can run manually with a
> > different path and you don't need to pollute config-host.h
>
> It could also be an environment variable set by meson. Then bios-tables-test
> can do a genenv() just like it does for verbosity etc. The environment can
> also be used by other tools that might need iasl in the future. We do not
> need to introduce new command line option.

The annoying thing with both these approaches is they work
less well than current code since iasl won't be invoked
at all if you do not remember the magic variable to set
or flag to pass. ATM it is self-contained.

Can we split this variable out to config-test.h maybe?
Then you can reconfigure with a different iasl and QEMU
will not be rebuilt, just the tests.

--
MST