On Wed, May 24, 2023, 4:17 AM Niklas Cassel <n...@flawful.org> wrote:

> On Tue, May 23, 2023 at 10:35:56AM -0400, John Snow wrote:
> > On Mon, May 22, 2023 at 5:16???PM Mateusz Albecki <
> mateusz.p.albe...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Certainly seems like my patch is wrong as it will make the abort path
> > execute ide_cmd_done twice. During debug I came to the conclusion that
> > ide_cmd_done is not called at all as I was getting timeouts on the driver
> > side while waiting for D2H FIS. I am still not sure how I was getting
> this
> > behavior if the problem was actually with setting correct error bits.
> Even
> > so I think it can be safely assumed that Niklas' change will solve the
> > issue, I will try to verify it in a couple of days and if I see any
> problem
> > I will come back to you.
> > >
> > > Mateusz
> >
> > Great, thanks :)
> >
> > I'm waiting to hear back from Niklas, but I'm hoping to take their
> patches
> > this cycle as I think they look quite good.
>
> Hello John,
>
> Unfortunately, I've noticed an increase in boot time during
> the initial SeaBIOS part of QEMU with my changes.
>
> Will need to debug to see which change is causing this.
>
> I'm at a conference this week, so it might take until next
> week until I have time to figure out why this is happening.
>
> So unfortunately, I think we need to hold off with my series
> for now.

Shame. Feel free to resend it once you've isolated the problem and I'll try
to fast-track it, since it'd be nice to have my more embarrassing mistakes
for NCQ fixed :)

(If I become hard to reach, please ping me with a direct, non-patch email
so it bubbles up to the top of my inbox.)

((...by the way, what are you working on? What motivates the interest in
AHCI/SATA now? Can you say?))