On 7/27/23 12:08, Cleber Rosa wrote:
Anyways, I'll look into, and report back on:

1. expanding avocado.Test.fetch_asset() with a timeout parameter
2. making sure the newer implementation for the requirement types used
by QEMU respect a timeout (they don't need to be smaller than the
test, because they run completely outside of the test).

For now, are you OK with re-running those jobs if the servers stall
the transfers? Or would you rather see a patch that changes the
find_only parameter to True, so that if the pre-test attempt to
download the asset fails, the transfer is never attempted during the
test?

I would be perfectly happy with find_only. From your description that more-or-less matches the behaviour of v103. I would also suggest that if the pre-test attempt fails, trying again in just a few minutes during the test isn't likely to work either.

r~