A problem I am having with QGIS 1.7 loading old projects I have tracked down to
SpatiaLite. QGIS 1.7 was taking over 3 minutes to load a large project and over
12 minutes to quit QGIS.

To test, I created a project with 124 layers from a SpatiaLite database. QGIS
1.6 took 3.9 seconds to import all 124 layers from the database. I then saved
the project. QGIS 1.6 will open this project in 4.15 seconds. Quitting QGIS
takes less than 1 second. QGIS 1.7 r15108 takes 33.4 seconds to load this
project and quitting QGIS takes 2 min. 32.5 sec. With QGIS 1.7 importing the
124 layers into an empty project tool 35.6 seconds. I get similar results with
GGIS 1.7-r15490 that I built from trunk. This is on OS X 10.6.5 with QGIS and
latest frameworks from KyngChaos.

Any idea what has changed with SpatiaLite between v1.6 and v.1.7? What would
cause QGIS to take so long to quit after loading the project?

Royce