Are there students around this year?
I'd love to but I'm not allowed any more...
ciao
Marco
On 02/24/2012 06:34 PM, Marco Hugentobler wrote:
I fully agree. Porting the analysis code of fTools to the analysis lib
would be a great gsoc project.

Regards,
Marco

On 24.02.2012 08:55, Nathan Woodrow wrote:
I'm a +1 to Alisters ideas. I think it would be good to have a full
suite of tools for manipulating vector objects and layers. These tools
should be ports of fTools to C++ and live in the analysis lib so that
they can be used in C++, Python and UI (Carson and I have talked about
this before).

I think this project would be good as it is tightly scoped and would
be easy to mange in chunks. Merging would also be easy, even merging
as the project moves along as each tool is independent.

Would should be careful not to start a GSoC project that is too large,
has wide scope, vague goals, or is to hard to mange in a summer.

- Nathan

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 10:15 AM, Alister Hood