Hi Giovanni,

On 28.07.2012 16:07, G. Allegri wrote:
I've voted for the GIS theme, though I share my opinion on icon size.
I work with various GIS and CAD software (both OS and commercial) and
I've always found a bit strange the default 24x24 icon size of QGis.
Most of the other softwares use 16x16 icons.

24x24 icon size is result of some preliminary discussion and research.

I know that one can change the icon size, but having just the 24x24
icons the scaling produces blurs and keeps the icon padding proportions,
while with 16x16 it could be reduced to provide more room.

Rescaling is not good idea, even from SVG. At this size scalability is very limited.

Here are two screenshots of Qgis with 16x16 icons [1] and one from a
commercial software with the same icon size [2]. Notice the different
spacing, and the crisp icons.

I suggest to package 16x16 version for the icons, and revise the icon
padding

You are absolutely right. There should be additional 16x16px version. With very limited spare time my options are:
1/ Try to keep project's progress (GRASS and QGIS) and design missing icons.
2/ Make them nicer - more colourful, 2.5D, etc.
3/ Prepare icons for 16x16 and 32x32px

And I decided to follow this priority: 1 -> 2 -> 3.
I hope you understand my point of view.

regards,
Robert

giovanni.