Am 24.10.2014 um 17:08 schrieb Tim Sutton:
Hi
On Oct 24, 2014 4:43 PM, "Zoltan Szecsei"
<zoltans-mboxmv9chcpu3weykep...@public.gmane.org> wrote:

On 2014/10/24 16:36, Andre Joost wrote:

Am 24.10.2014 um 16:16 schrieb Zoltan Szecsei:

Hi All,
I've been googling around, but cannot find what I'm hoping for.

Is there a VRT implementation for vector data?

Surely:

http://www.gdal.org/drv_vrt.html

unfortunately, there is no easy-to use transformation for it.

 From the page:

The virtual files are currently normally prepared by hand.

And hence QGIS can not save into that format.

HTH,
André Joost

Yep. Looking at it now - thanks Alexia as well.

-1 for me not trying harder before posting :-)

Make that -2 for forgetting that someone mentioned the fact that you can
have vector vrt's to you before on the QGIS mailing list  :-)

+100 from me if you promise to build a QGIS plugin for the purpose ;-)

Greetings,
André Joost