On 1/25/15 8:22 PM, Martin Dobias wrote:
Hi Gary

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 5:52 AM, Gary Sherman <gsher...@geoapt.com <mailto:gsher...@geoapt.com>> wrote:

    I have a plugin that makes modifications to a memory layer, then
    calls triggerRepaint() to refresh. Unfortunately, it doesn't
    refresh the layer. If I open the Python console before making the
    mods, it works from the console:

    lyr = iface.activeLayer()
    lyr.triggerRepaint()

    If I turn off caching in Settings, I don't have a problem with my
    plugin.

Which version of QGIS is that?
2.6

In QGIS < 2.4 you had to explicitly call lyr.clearCacheImage() if the caching was turned on - otherwise the renderer would still use the cached image stored in the layer's instance. Since 2.4 that is not necessary anymore and triggerRepaint() should also clear renderer's cached layer image.
Right, and that worked fine for me at 2.4.

Thanks,

-gary

Cheers
Martin