On 2016-05-04 17:36, Larry Shaffer wrote:
Debian will switch to Qt5 with QGIS 2.16, otherwise there will be no QGIS
in the next stable release.

The Qt4 builds currently still work because the Qt maintainers didn't want to break QGIS before Qt5 support is available, but the Qt4WebKit removal
changes have already been committed and will be included in the next
upload. The upload may happen sooner than we'd like if important bugfixes
need to be uploaded in the near future.

The changes affecting QGIS is the next stable release will arrive earlier than a year from now. The freeze was planned for 5 November 2016, but has been moved two months to align with the expected 4.10 kernel release. [0]

With the full freeze in February 2016, I expect the release to happen in
Q3 2016, may be even Q4. The Qt4WebKit removal will happen before the
transition freeze on 5 November 2016.

Thanks for the clear and concise summary of this dependency issue. Do you
mean "February 2017" and "Q3 2017" here?

Yes, obviously. Only the transition freeze still happens this year. Everything else in 2017.

Kind Regards,

Bas