virtualenv has nothing to do with osgeo4w

virtualenv is a tool to create a site-package folder and install packages with pip. you use it in your make file (easy with linux, but should not be much more difficult under windows)
you add it to your plugin package
if you add this folder in your python path (sys.path.append) at runtime, python will find them.

So virtualenv do not have to work in osgeo4w, you use it only at dev time.

Arnaud Morvan
Ingénieur logiciel
Tél: +33 (0)4 58 48 20 32

Camptocamp France SAS